Goa is a land of beaches and various other activities that keep you busy and relaxed. With the Arabian Sea by its side, Goa is renowned for water sports activities which everyone visiting this state must try out for the sake of fun and experience. There is a myriad of such water sports in Goa right from jet skiing to scuba diving and parasailing, surfing, boat riding, snorkeling to Kayaking. You name it and Goa has it.
List of 21 Latest Water Sports in Goa
Explore the following list of Watersports Activities with Price
Jet ski (Water Scooter / Water Bike)
Ideal for those who love to sort of “ride a bike on water”, then jet skiing is what you are looking for. Though, you do not need to know swimming it’s all about your ability to just ride a boat on the water with an added factor of thrill. There you will find a lot of Water Sports Operators in Goa, who offer various water activities on Calangute, Candolim, Baga, and Anjuna beach. Some of them are offer Scuba Diving, Flyboarding, and other adventure sports activities in Goa. Calangute Based Goa Water Sports with over 4230 reviews is the largest Tour operator in Goa, They offer 50+ Adventure and Water Activities in Goa. A must visit place for your all adventure requirement in Goa.
- Location – popular on beaches at Calangute, Baga, Candolim, Agonda, Vagator, Majorda, and Colva.
- Pricing: 350 per pax; duration is 3 to 5 minutes.
Speed Boat Ride:
Speed boat rides are one of the most exciting water sports activities of Goa. The thrill derived from these rides is unmatched to any other means of enjoyment as far as watersports are concerned. Speedboats are fast and powerful that is set up perfectly to give you that right level of enjoyment where water splashes onto your face as the boat cuts the waters at great speeds.
- Location: Candolim, Baga, Calangute, and Vagator beach in the north & Baina, Majorda, Agonda, and Colva beach in the south.
- Cost- Rs. 350 per pax for a duration of 3 to 5 mins. Some operators have pegged their pricing at Rs 2699 Rs 450/pax) for a minimum of six persons with a duration of 5minutes.
Head to Goa if you are crazy about snorkeling. This is simply because of the spectacular and colorful underwater life that’ll leave you in a daze. The beautiful waters with stunning corals and a wide array of fish species will make snorkeling a one-of-its-kind experience.
- Location: Snorkeling can best be best enjoyed at Grande Island, Monkey beach, Bat Island and Bogmalo beach all situated off the Vasco coast.
- Cost: Rates may vary according to the tour operator but by and large most prices are pegged between Rs 1220 and Rs 1320.
Scuba Diving in Goa
Scuba Diving is one of the most popular and preferred water sport in Goa. Considered as a haven for scuba divers this activity is mostly centered on Grande Island. Well, why is that so? Simply because one is bound to encounter clear waters and a swim in the vicinity will give you a spectacular glimpse of the colorful underwater life. In addition, you also spot some dolphins twirling and diving back into the sea.
- Location: This water sports activity is commonly conducted by various tour operators in North Goa.
- Cost: While Scuba Diving can be individually done for around 15 to 20 minutes, the rate per person is pegged at Rs 4000.
Bumper Boat Ride
Bumper boats are a thrilling experience in the sea where people drive tiny boats and try to bump into each other just for the sake of fun. The boats are being pulled by a speed boat where one round of 500 to 600m is provided.
- Location: Candolim, Calangute, Baga, Vagator, Agonda, Majorda and Colva beach.
- Cost: Max 2 persons can be accommodated on the boat and per person, it will cost Rs 350 for a ride duration for approx 3 to 5minutes.
There is a great craze for parasailing activity in Goa. This is a perfect way to fly high and get a bird’s eye view while a rope of around 300 meters is tied to the parasail and the other end is tied to the speedboat which drives ahead thus lifting the individual automatically off the ground. It’s definitely an amazing experience as you can get a stunning view of Goa from some height lifts from the ground. Due to safety norms, children below the age of 15 are not allowed.
- Location: Calangute, Vagator, Candolim, Baga, Agonda, Majorda & Colva beach.
- Rate: INR 800/ person, includes a speed boat ride. This activity lasts for 10minutes.
For those who want to enjoy a sober ride and not indulge in extreme sports all the time, the banana or bumper boat rides could be ideal. These are best enjoyed with families who want to enjoy together. One need not know swimming to board these rides.
- Location: Calangute, Candolim, Vagator, Baga, Palolem, Baina, Agonda, Colva, and Majorda beach.
- Cost: This activity of 3 to 5 minutes will cost you Rs 350 per person.
Windsurfing In Goa
This is basically a surface water sport that combines both surfing and sailing. The sport generally constitutes a board of around 7 to 8ft long, with displacements ranging between 45 to 150 liters and powered by wind on a sail.
- Location: Windsurfing is popular off Calangute beach. A minimum of 2 and a maximum of 30 people can opt for windsurfing of 1hr duration. Generally operational between months of October and May, the activity is slotted between 7 am to 9 am.
- Rate: Windsurfing will cost 1570/person.
An inventive watersports activity where a kiteboarder is pulled across the water by a power kite and combines the aspects of snowboarding, surfing, wakeboarding, windsurfing, paragliding, skateboarding, and gymnastics.
- Location: Vaayu Watermans’ Village located in the northern belt is an awesome place that offers kitesurfing in Goa for those who love to fiddle with waves and wind and derive the joy of an amazing experience. Montego Bay Resort on Morjim Beach is also a location for kite surfing.
- Price: Generally the Kite Surfing course comes in a 10 hr and 14 hr package that makes you understand the basic skillset. Kite Surfing for beginners in Goa cost INR 3000 for an adult.
Ringo ride is a popular beach activity laced with fun as you ride through the calm water along the Goan coastline. While you are seated comfortably in your seat it is harnessed with the back of a powerful vehicle. These rides are in fact loaded with fun as participants go up and down the sea and enjoy each bump and the splashing of water during an eventful spell of 10 minutes.
- Location: Rigo Ride is popular on Mobor beach down south in Goa.
- Cost: Rs 590 for an adult for a 10-minute Ringo ride.
Surfing is fast catching up as a popular beach activity on “deserted” beaches with good wind speeds in Goa. Not talked about much a decade ago, Surfing is now proving to be a hit with tourists who love surfing on the far and long coastlines of Goa in the Arabian Sea.
- Location: Beach-breaks from Morjim to Arambol which are known for great waves are becoming popular surfing spots. Ashwem beach due to its safety has become attractive for beginners. It houses a beach club called Shanti which operates Surf School where surf training is being conducted successfully since 2011.
- Cost: Banana Surf School is rated as the best Surfing school in Goa where basic surfing lessons are imparted for 2 hrs (including 20minutes of theory and 100 minutes of surfing), costing 70 USD. A 3-day course will cost 180 USD while a full course of 5 days comes at250 USD. There is provision for private surfing lessons also in Goa where a one-to-one with kids (6-12 yrs old) will cost 90 USD for better results while it’s 200 USD for adults.
This is a complete “value for your money package” as far as enjoying a day out for watersports activity where at least nine Water Sports Activities a Pick-up & Drop with complimentary photo and video are part of your deal.
Activities include Dolphin Spotting, Snorkeling, Jet Sk, Bumper Ride, Banana Ride, Parasailing (with DIP), Boat Ride, Scuba Diving, and Sightseeing by boat. The day-long combo package beings from 7.30 am and end at 5.30 pm. Pick-up is at Calangute and Baga in the north.
Breakfast: Juice, banana, and samosa; Lunch- Veg/Non-Veg with Beers/Soft Drinks/Water
Price: Rs 3,500/- Per Person inclusive of pickup & drop while without pickup & drop it is Rs 3,200/- Per Person.
Kayaking is a unique way to paddle your way through diverse countryside or jungles, cliffs, and complex sea caves, and scintillating lagoons to peek into what Mother Nature has in store. It’s not limited only to the sea. This sport is enjoyed both by the old and young where special boats called Kayaks can be self-paddled or a guide could the same for you. Generally enjoyed the Goan backwaters.
- Location: Generally done in backwaters this activity is famous in Calangute, Baga, Chapora backwaters, and also at the Palolem beach, Sylvan Siridao backwaters and the Aldona River.
- Cost: Generally, a person on a single kayak ride will be charged Rs 500 for a half-hour duration.
It is a much-relaxed sport similar to conventional sailing but more of a leisure activity than a water sport. Catamaran sailing in Goa is more popular at the Calangute beach and for those looking forward to a more relaxed experience, this is the right choice. This type of sailing is ideal for solo travelers as well as groups. You can choose half-hour slots between 10 am and 5 pm for a unique experience.
- Location: Calangute, Baga beach
- Cost: 1499 per person for a 30min sailing; Rs 699 per child (aged between 5-10)
It is an exciting water sport but requires a high degree of skill as it involves gliding on the wave surface. A typical session of wave surfing is best-performed one-to-one in the company of an instructor. Surfing is done under three steps – drop in positioning to catch the wave, followed by the pop-up and finally attaining a proper position on the wave. One needs to master the technique.
Location/cost: Vaayu Waterman’s Village at Aswem beach. Operational between October and May. The price is Rs 2700 onwards. This Surf School is located at Aswem beach. Operational between October and March. Rs 3500 per hour. Surf Wala is a popular go-surfing spot located on the Arambol beach. Operational between November and April. Price is Rs 2500 for a lesson of 2 hrs; board rentals are Rs 500.
Wakeboarding is a popular watersports activity where a participant is towed on a small board behind a motorboat which zooms at a great speed over water. The participant enjoys the ride while attempting many tricks. If you happen to be in Goa then experience the rush of adrenalin of wakeboard surfing.
- Location: Candolim and Mobor beaches are some of the popular wakeboarding beaches of Goa. It may be noted that Wakeboarding facilities remain closed during monsoon in Goa.
- Price: The price of wake surfing starts from Rs 1700 in Goa. At Calangute, it is Rs 1799/person for a session of 15minutes.
It is a high-excitement watersport activity and is a branch of sea surfing. Here the surfer rides a bodyboard on the peak of a wave, twisting and swirling towards the shore.
- Location: Bodyboarding can be best enjoyed at Calangute and Baga beach.
- Price: 249/person for 1hr. The rates are quite cheap as compared to other watersport activities.
As the name suggests, this activity is similar to skiing or wake-boarding except that board has slots for holding the user’s knees which allows laying more focus on enjoying than balancing the board.
Location/price: At Baga beach kneeboarding for 10 minutes costs INR 1800 per person.
Rafting (River and Sea)
Goa is blessed with the best landscape. So, be it land or water there’s so much to explore. River rafting in Goa is an unbelievable experience and with so many rivers flowing through the state, river rafting has become a very common and popular activity in Goa. Various tour operators conduct rafting trips to the Mandovi River, Valpoi River, Tilari River, and even the Mhadei River which are best enjoyed during the morning.
- At Mandovi River Rs 1749 (3hrs) by tripraja (June to September)
- At Valpoi Rs 1799 (3hr)
- At Tilari River Rs 1500 (4hr)
- Back Water Boating and Rafting Rs 2200 (4hrs)
For a layman, zorbing means rolling down in a transparent ball and when it’s over water it is referred to as ‘Water Zorbing’. Generally, it requires good fitness levels and is more popular among children. But even adults have started to take a liking for it. Newly introduced in Goa, zorbing is fast becoming popular.
- Location: Mayem Lake near Bicholim is the best place for Zorbing. The best time to try the sport is April to June. Body zorbing is also popular.
- Cost: Aqua zorbing in swim pools are ideal for corporate parties or birthday events. The rates may vary but generally are priced at Rs 9000.
This a different style of watersport, where the participant uses a paddle to propel himself through the water on a paddleboard or a surfboard by lying, kneeling, or standing.
Location: ATV Bike Ride + Kayaking & Stand Up Paddle Boarding at Querim–Arambol–Agarwada Rd, Mandrem; Vaayu Village at Ashwem Beach Road.
Best Time (Season) for Water sports in Goa
Goa is a famous destination for water sports lovers, although there is no specific period earmarked for such sports activity, it depends on which activity you want to enjoy and when to do it. For example, in Goa, we can see water sports being conducted in August and September. But there are tourists who enjoy watersports in June and July also when the rains are at their peak. Weather conditions may determine which activity you must undertake. Strong winds might not be advisable for windsurfing, paragliding, or parasailing while jet skiing and surfing must be avoided at all costs when there is an alert for high tide. Beaches at Calangute, Colva, Palolem, and Varca are known for watersports activities.
Goa is a truly great adventure destination and so are the various watersports activities. Whether you love water or not, you must enjoy these activities just to get a feel of that adrenalin rush. There is no doubt that Goa has the best of watersports on offer and therefore if you happen to be in Goa, it becomes imperative that you enjoy various watersports on offer. Choose the best deals with the right tour operators for the best experience to take home happy memories.