Situated in the vicinity of Morjim, the Ashwem beach has a unique character of its own. It is a beautiful serene beach and quite magical as it draws a crowd from all over Goa. Situated in the Pernem region, up north, Ashvem lies just south of Mandrem Beach and north of Morjim Beach. The mouth of the River Chapora is just south of the beach. The elegant Morjai Temple, an ancient place of worship, is a popular attraction. To get there, you can rent a bicycle or scooter in Goa or take a taxi or bus. Ashwem beach is a clean beach and has got some excellent restaurants and hotels to stay in its vicinity. Early morning walks are the best here as the beach is flat and good for sunbathing and swimming, the sunset is amazing and the beach is next to the road. Ashwem is surrounded by coconut groves, forests, and fields and if you take the short rickshaw journey to Arambol Beach at night you can participate in festivities at bars and clubs.
This beach location is 31 km from Panjim via the NH66 and 55 km from Vasco where the Dabolim international airport is located. When you come to Ashwem, a long sandy beach with some rocky patches will greet you. There are many beach shacks, restaurants, pubs, cafes, trendy hotels and cottages, yoga, meditation, massage, spas, and tattoo parlors lined up to serve you. This place is also home for the nesting Olive Ridley Turtles. If you love watersports then speed boats, surfing, including surfing classes, are available. The historic and old Portuguese Chapora Fort is just 5 kilometers away.
Things to do
- Dean Alan Boutique: Visit this boutique which sells lifestyle brand that embraces the sun, surf, island living, color, freedom, and originality of prints. Textiles and fabrics available here which are in line with the traditions of India with a Boho island feel, suitable for women, men, kids. Home decor products also available. Dean Alan is a designer from NYC that has been living and working in India for over 20 years. The Dean Alan Collection is produced in the D.A Overseas factory in New Delhi.
- Kitesurf School: IKO registered kitesurf and Surf School offers to kitesurf lessons, Stand up Paddle trips to see the dolphins and Surf Lessons based in Riverside Hotel on the beach which has full amenities like restaurants, beach huts, bar, and free sunbeds.
- Mariners Bay Resort: Mariners Bay Resort is a traveler’s dream destination which is spread across an extensive area. A Luxury Boutique Resort that spells splendor and grandeur, this place offers the fun and frolic of the beach yet promises seclusion and privacy. With just 2 km away from Mandrem & Ashwem Beach, it is easily accessible from major locations like Thivim railway Station & Dabolim International airport.
- Vaayu: Vaayu is an adventure center which caters to all of the Surf, SUP, Kayak, Kite Surfing and Wakeboarding courses, rentals, and trips. They have a staff of certified and passionate instructors and guides to make your experience memorable.
- So Thai Spa: This is a great place to enjoy traditional Thai therapies and also rejuvenating your senses. This place specializes in Thai full body massages with or without oil and also offers foot/hand reflexology, and Custom packages for couples.
Yoga Retreats and Schools
Ashwem is a well-known destination for Yoga Retreats and Schools which offer the best of locations and various renowned styles of yoga by masters who have decades of experience. These schools or ashrams have various Yoga Teacher Training programs on offer to suit various aspirants.
Following are the top Yoga Schools in Ashwem:
- Yoga Nisarga
- Indian Shanti Yoga Festival
- Yoga Retreat in Jivana Plantation in Goa
- Yoga at Yab Yum
Restaurants / Meal Option
- La Cucina: Italian, Pizza, Soups, Wine, Bar, Vegetarian, Vegan Options
- L’Amore Cafe: Indian, Bar, Seafood, Asian, International, Vegetarian, Vegan
- Elevar: Seafood, Indian, Contemporary, Vegetarian, Vegan OptionsPorto Fino Tavern
- Porto Fino Tavern: Seafood, Italian, European, French, Pizza, Vegetarian-Friendly
- Sky Bar: Italian, Indian, Seafood, European, Russian, Vegetarian-Friendly
- Rococco Ashvem Beach Resort: Rs 2,149
- Leela Cottages: Rs 3,124
- Townhouse 031 Ashvem Beach: Rs 2,164
- Palm Grove Beach Resort: Rs 6,500
- Manthan Beach Resort: Rs 5,535
- Montego Bay Beach Village: Rs 7,079
- Sur La Mer: Rs 33,770
- Bhumika Devi Temple
- Mandrem Beach
- Rosary Church Cemetery
- Mandrem Church
- Dadoba Temple
- Manavailo Church
- Naroba Dev Temple
- Shiv Temple