Of all the beaches located on the northern front of Goa, Candolim continues to thrive under the shadow of the Baga beach. The Candolim beach is a very popular tourist spot especially because of its multi-utility. This is because it is not only pristine but it also offers various amusement options and is generally a hit among honeymoon couples, friends or families. This beach is characterized by a crest of the dunes and lapped by the warm Arabian Ocean and its white sandy beach is normally embroidered by the scrub-covered dunes which attract a large number of travelers from all over the world.
Candolim can also be shopper’s paradise and the common corridor of the Candolim-Calangute road is fully packed with shops and restaurants which gives you a feeling as if you are in foreign land. Last but not the least, there is plenty of water activities like water-skiing, parasailing, bumpy rides, jet-skiing, catamaran sailing, banana rides and windsurfing that quenches tourists’ thirst for adventure. Fishing is also a popular activity here and if you have the craving for yoga and spirituality there are centers for meditation, yoga and massage aligned side by side to cater to both foreign and domestic tourists. To add to all, foodies can have a ball here restaurants serve a variety of seafood, including Goan style. Shops sell handicraft items and casual garment and there’s everything under the sun you seek for. Candolim is just 14km away to the north of state capital Panjim and about 45 km from Dabolim airport. Cabs or local buses from Panjim can be hired to reach Candolim.
The Candolim Census Town is reported to have a population of 8,500 of which 4,392 are males while 4,108 are females as per a recent report released by Census India.
Things to do
Being a popular destination in North Goa, one can indulge into many activities and engage into various watersports or be a part of some of the ‘things to do’ in the beach vicinity. Here’s a look at some of these things:
- Sightseeing: The best of activities around Candolim is to go sightseeing. One can visit the nearby Sinquerim beach and go dolphin spotting. Also visit the Aguad Fort located on Aguada-Siolim Road, in Candolim. Also in the evening, you can visit the nearby Calangute beach to experience its frantic nightlife.
- Geoffrey’s: Pit’s a night club and perfect for party animals. Geoffrey’s is a well-known pub that enjoys a loyal fan base. From playing eighties music for a soothing ambiance to great selection of beers, the pub promises a good time.
- Mango bar: Situated at Lemon Tree, this pub is a perfect setting outdoor seating, TV / Big Screen, and a night out.
- Water-skiing: Adventure seekers can engage in water-skiing at Candolim beach and feel the waves beneath your feet, while you’re pulled along by a speedboat.
- Parasailing: Ideal to get a bird’s eye view of the coastline, Parasailing is the best way to do it.
- Jet-Skiing: For those who love to feel the challenging waves of the ocean splashing across their face while rushing through water, the sport of Jet skiing is just the right option for you. It is one of the most thrilling and adventurous water sports in Goa.
- Scuba diving: One can visit the nearby Grand Island from Sinquerim beach to undertake this activity.
Restaurants / Meal Option
- The Mango Grove: Goan, North Indian
- Grills N Curries: Seafood, North Indian, European
- Shivers Garden Restaurant: Continental, Goan, North Indian, Naga, Seafood
- Karlton’s Horizon Grill: Continental
- Calamari Bathe & Binge: Goan, Seafood, Chinese
- Bayview Shack Candolim: Goan, Seafood, Continental, North Indian, Chinese
- Earthen Oven: North Indian, Mughlai
- Angaara – BBQ & Grill: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Bomra’s: Burmese cuisine, Crispy Pork Salad, Snapper, Steak, Cocktails, Panna Cotta, Chocolate Fondant, Crab Meat
- Hotel Vivanta by Taj – Fort Aguada: ₹12,800
- Ginger Tree Beach Resort: ₹1,249
- Hotel Aldeia Santa Rita: ₹3,301
- Hotel Santana Beach Resort: ₹2,131
- Radisson Goa Candolim: ₹6,453
- Novotel Goa Shrem: ₹6,797
- Hyatt Centric: ₹8,000
- Hotel Ruffles Beach Resort: ₹1,294
- Sukhmantra Resort: ₹2,548
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson: ₹4,760
- Riva Gold Coast: ₹2,061
- Novotel Goa Resort and Spa Resort: ₹8,370
- Golden Tulip: Goa: ₹5,308
- Sol de Goa ex The Sofala: ₹4,130
- Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
- Resort: ₹4,387
- Sky View Villa
- Saikunj Holiday Homes
- Mi Casa By The Sea
- Shelter Guest House
- Monte Villa Guest House
- Fort Aguada, Calangute Beach, Sinquerim Beach
- LPK Waterfront: this is a popular club located near Candolim at Nerul and known as Love Passion Karma Waterfront.Ideal for party-goers.
- Coco Beach: This rocky beach is famous for Reis Magos fort and dolphin watch.
- SinQ Night Club: If you are game for drinks and want to dance and have unlimited fun all night then, SinQ is made for just you. A lounge resort and a happening nightclub located in Candolim, this place has the vibe and ambiance suited just for your party needs.
- Temples: Shri Siddhivinayak Ganesh Temple; Shri Shantadurga Temple; Shree Ghageshwar Devasthan; Shiva Lal Temple
- Churches: Our Lady of Hope Church, St. Lawrence’s Church, Sinquerim, Candolim Chapel, Kapai Cross Church.