One of the most beautiful beaches lining the southern coastline of Goa which falls under the Canacona taluka. This is a very friendly and informal beach dotted with many restaurants to eat on the beach and have a drink while the sun sets. In short, this beach is nothing short of a paradise. The beach is easily approachable from airport via taxi or even a bus can be hired from Margao bus stand (39km). The nearby railway station is Canacona, which is just 2km away and is connected through the Konkan track linking Mumbai to Mangalore. If you like to enjoy a cool and serene beach away from the rigors of city life, Palolem is the one. Good place for a hangout and shopping as food around is quite local and the silent pubs, shacks will also amuse you. It is recommended that you tuck into any beachfront hut to enjoy the beach ambiance. Hire a boat on beach and go for an hour’s ride into the sea to view early morning dolphins, a visit to the monkey island, honeymoon beach, butterfly beach and the tortoise rock in the sea. A visit to the neighboring Agonda beach is also not a bad idea.
Things to do in Palolem
Palolem beach is well known for its parasailing and sunbathing activities. The ‘Go Adventure’ drive during morning involves canyoning to trekking while a well-priced boat trip takes you on a Dolphin spotting safari into the Arabian Sea. The night comes alive here with the Silent Noise Disco that rages on late into the night. A visit to Cotigao wildlife sanctuary should not be missed if you are a nature lover.
- Join a yoga class: Try Arunachala’s Yoga Retreat and experience life for a beginner where Palolem beach has the perfect environment for generating positive energy.
- Ayurvedic Massage: Get a good Ayurvedic massage from trusted operators who offer this service at reasonable rates.
- Rent a Bike: Rent a bike or a bicycle and take a round of the interiors of Palolem and agonda which is in the vicinity. Also explore the nearby town of Canacona.
- Dolphin spotting and Island visit: Take a tour in the sea and spot dolphins in the morning and also visit the Monkey Island, Butterfly Island and Honeymoon beach for an exhilarating experience.
- Party at Silent Noise Disco: The Silent Noise Disco takes charge after dark and Goa is unique in more ways than one where it is legal to consume alcohol after 10pm and one still l tries to retain local peace by enforcing a noise ban after late hours.
- Art Resort Goa: Shaded by palm trees, this unassuming, seasonal resort on Palolem Beach is a down-to-earth mix of colourful cottages which come with complimentary Wi-Fi and air-conditioning, as well as safes, fans and verandas. All have sea views. Mosquito nets are also provided. Kids age 6 and under can stay at no extra cost with a parent. Amenities include a casual, beachfront restaurant/bar, a gallery exhibiting Indian artwork, and direct beach access.
Restaurants / Meal Option
- Magic Italy: Serves Italian cuisine liks Pasta, Tiramisu, Ravioli, Salad, Bruschettas, Pepperoni Pizza, and Veggie Pizza.
- Dropadi Bar & Restaurant:Sea Food, Fish, Cocktails, Lobster, Butter Garlic Prawns, Paneer Tikka Masala, Salad.
- Ourem 88: Cuisine style is European.
- Le Petit Palolem: French cuisine.
- Baba’s Little Italy: Italian, Indian, tandoor, seafood, vegetarian, bar
- Royal Italy: North Indian and continental
- The Olive room: Italian, North Indian, Goan, Seafood, Chinese
- Little World: European cuisine
- Palolem Guest House:₹ 1,599
- Alba Rooms Palolem:₹ 1,232
- Sai Valentine:₹ 2,240
- Palolem Beach Resort:₹ 1,463
- Royal Touch Beach Huts & Restaurent:₹ 2,206
- Roundcube Guest House:₹ 956
- Palolem Inn – Palolem’s Luxurious Resort:₹ 2,060
- Club Palolem:₹ 1,845
- La Alegro:₹ 1,000
- The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa:₹ 7,424
(Budget, Luxury, Guest Houses)
Popular places Near Palolem
- Rajbaga Beach: The beach is very quiet and serene, very less people on the beach, clean water, very nice views and it is close to The Lalit, so the crowd is very nice here. It gives an old school feeling sometimes. Definitely visit this beach for an unforgettable experience. And most importantly, great location for some breathtaking photos.
- Rock Formations: Visit the rock formations by the Agonda beach. This is quite a place for the people who want to take a dip in the sea. Unique experience to climb these rocks.
- Blue Planet Cafe: A relaxed, open-fronted vegan/vegetarian restaurant with wooden furniture at an eco-resort.
- Samson’s Kiosk: This place rents Kayaks (single and double seater, with waterproof bag and life jacket), Surfboards, Bodyboards, Skimboards, (Sup) stand up paddle board and Fishing rod and equipment for all those who love water activity.
- Leopard Valley: It is a Disco club in Agonda, next to Palolem and is a High-octane nightclub in a jungle quarry with a 7-meter high DJ stage, known for its pyrotechnics and laser shows.
- Silent Noise Club: It’s a silent disco club where everybody is wearing headphones so that neighbours are not disturbed. Also people who want to go to sleep are not disturbed. It’s a funny experience to dance in silence with the music directly in your ears.
- Temples: Vitthal Rakhumai Temple, Shiva Temple, Bumipurush Temple, Shri Mallikarjuna Temple.
- Churches: Chapel, St. Theresa of Jesus Church, Catholic Church, Our Lady of the Rosary Church Sadolxem