Vacations are a breather and very essential for the smooth and efficient functioning of a human mind. Goa is a safe retreat as it offers all kinds of activities that would make an ideal vacation.
Scuba diving is a sport enjoyed by many adrenaline junkies and one need not go to the Andaman, Bali or other far off places when our very own Goa offers it. Your first plunge in the Arabian Sea will be etched in your memory forever.
Scuba diving is absolutely safe for beginners as much as it is for experts. Also, you will always have a guide accompanying you.
Scuba diving gears and equipment
- Oxygen Tank filled with compressed air, helps to facilitate easy respiration.
- Rubber Fins are strapped onto you so that you can flap and swim underwater easily.
- Wetsuit, you are supposed to be wearing a wetsuit to maintain a body temperature. However, it is not mandatory as our tropical climate does not require it.
- Face mask and snorkel, the face mask gives you visibility under the sea to see the mesmerizing flora and fauna. If you go snorkeling, this face mask will be provided. It is used to see underwater. Snorkel is essential for breathing.
- Regulatory and Buoyancy control device
All the equipment except for the swimsuit will be provided.
Price: Rs 3000/- per person
Pickup point: Calangute / Arpora / Baga / Sinquerim and Nerul /Candolim
Timings: The Tour Company picks you up from the pickup point at around 8:00 am- 8:30 am
The tour is inclusive of:
- 15 – 20 min underwater diving with certified diver and guide
- All Diving Equipment will be provided on the spot (Scuba Suit on request)
- Dolphin Sighting on the way to the island
- Life Jackets
- Pick up and Drop in a vehicle from any hotel in North Goa
- Beginners will be provided a 20-minute training prior to the dive
Complimentary with the package
- Light Snacks with soft drinks
- Limited Lunch (Veg/ Non-Veg) in Restaurant after diving
- Mineral water
- Underwater Diving photos 8 – 10 photos and 2-3 min video
- Pickup from Hotel to the beach
- Boarding and Departure on a Jetty
- Boat ride to Diving location on the island
- Scuba Diving training of 20 min by Certified trainer
- Dive 12 meters deep to see the amazing underwater world for 20 min accompanied by the trainer
- Relish on some delicious spread of snacks/ juices/mineral water after your scuba dive session.
- Back to jetty with Dolphin sighting on the way.
- Lunch (veg / non veg) at a restaurant.
- The day ends with a drop at your hotel (North Goa)
Precautions to be taken:
- People with heart ailments, aqua phobia and pregnant women are strictly not allowed
- Only people over 12 years of age are allowed to dive
- Non- swimmer can also enjoy scuba diving without any hindrance
- A minimum of 18 hours gap after the dive is required before to you can fly. 12 hours for experts.
Best places in Goa offering the experience:
- Netrani Island
- Grand Island
- Suzy wreck
- St. George Island
- Pigeon Island
- Bat Island
- Navy Island
Not knowing what to expect, you take the first dip and you feel a little strange to be present inside a liquid rather than the usual gas. With no firm ground to put your feet to, you feel completely vulnerable yet free. As you go deeper and deeper into the ocean, your first encounter with the sea creatures will be enchanting. Those that you have seen from outside, from a different state will be swimming beside you, curious yet cautious of a stranger that’s gotten into its home. The seabed is another sight to behold. Laden with beautiful, smooth and colorful corals and precious stones, it’s a house of treasure. The beautiful flora and fauna of the oceans is unadulterated and innocent.
Investing time and money in learning scuba diving will surely not go as a waste as what you will bring back will be a wealth of memories and experience.